Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Friday, June 27, 2014

What If Charlie Chaplin was female and loved glitter? - Transformations

Hello there art fans, photography enthusiasts and make up fanatics! It is time for another round of "Transformations" in cooperation with the fabulous Dita Whip. Our lovely volunteer this time: Lisa.


Now it is time to hand over to Dita: The look I and Lisa were going for with this transformation in the first place was to make it an extravaganza of glitter. Really over the top and already Capitol like from the Hunger Games. Ridiculously fabulous you may say. However, when taking the pictures we reversed more and more towards poses that rather resembled old Hollywood glamour meets humor. And as we finally added a hat and pearls the decision was kind of made in the progress that this futuristic over the top look we were going for was not what came out.


In the process I as well had my hard time to put the glitter on. It was one of the first times I worked with the material, however yet it is an integral part of my make up. But a big thanks to Lisa for enduring the procedure. Yet I am extremely happy with the outcome of the pictures. They might not be perfect, and the make up might not be as flawless as wished for, however it really shows what a beauty Lisa is, with and without make up.

The picture have been taken in February, and since then I was really able to work on my craft, however the pictures remain amazing. Finally I asked Lisa to frame the experience in her own words. This is how she felt about the process: 

The first minute, I saw my friend Lisa’s pictures as the one and only Sexcretary, I simply couldn’t believe my own eyes! This transformation (and of course all the other transformation Dita Whip created) was totally awesome and I instantly knew: I just had to become a part of it!

So I literally begged Lisa to ask Dita, if she could also work her magic on me. And as you can see my begging was totally worth it! During my first night in Great Britain, she transformed me into a gorgeous glitter-amazon and made me feel like a real mermaid princess…. Even considering it being a hard way to go before I finally became this awesome new me - I never thought that I needed strong duct tape to keep away my own hair (argh…it really hurts when you take it off at the end!) as well as tones of hairspray to glue glitter on my face (memo to myself: never ever get hairspray in my eyes again) - as I’ve mentioned before: it was totally worth it! ;)

Getting to the moment of the photoshoot, I thought for the first moment that a stranger is looking at me. But after a while this strange new person surprisingly became a new and exciting part of me and we started to perform like crazy!

Finally, when Dita told me that my photoshoot has to come to an end, I really felt sad that I have to lose all my make-up and return to my old me?! But I still think that this gorgeous glitter mermaid princess and I will at some point in the future meet again... at least I hope so! And for now I’ve got all those incredible memories…

No comments:

Post a Comment