Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Transformations" - Poison Ivy Meets The Joker

Hey bubble butts and gutter sluts! =) It's Dita Whip again here! Today the fourth episodes of "Transformations" is here for you all to enjoy! This time my good friend Sally is volunteering and lets me use her face to completely transform her into a crazy mixture of super villains.


This time I went for a totally of the normal spectrum look. No natural colors here to be seen mixed with crazy hair and a fierce attitude give this look a crazy aura of super villain. The look exudes everything that Poison Ivy had in stereotypical femininity and sexy aggression of danger with the crazy madness of the twisted mind and destructible ideas of the joker. And I think that Sally has grown quite fond of that character!


The routine of make-up this time was a little different then with the others. For this transformation I went with a little of foundation as my prime base and then added tons of white clown paint. To accelerate the effect I added some white powder. And that was the effort for the foundation. And it was then that the colors of the eye-shadow-pallet came out and then the colors just came on her face. Adding some black details and smudged red lips and e-voila: Poison Ivy 2.0 was born!


And to get you an idea of what Sally thought of her own transformation go ahead and read in her own words what it felt like to be the picture of a mad man and an iconic female super villain.

It wasn’t until a few days after I had volunteered to be ‘whipped’ until the reality of what I was about to undergo really set in. Dita arrived at my house with a bigger handbag than I think I’ll ever own, and after about ten minutes dedicated to setting up alone, I was excited to begin. I’m a girl who loves my make up…If I can avoid going out without my full ‘face’ of make up, I will. Personally, I simply love the fact that even on my worst of days, with a little make up and effort, I can leave the house knowing that the stresses and tires of the week can be blended away. Or at least partially! That being said, I wasn’t quite prepared for the transformation that I was to undergo. So, I sat whilst Dita worked her magic on me like a child, full of anticipation and frankly, a little scared to move. About two hours later, I was looking at a version of myself that I had never encountered. I was a different person entirely. Initially I felt like someone had simply placed a mask over my face, as I looked out at this strange character in the mirror. Gradually though, the character became more and more of myself, only with a lot more attitude and sass! I had turned from boring old me into a woman with a lot more confidence… almost instantly. The photographs were still a little awkward to begin with, the conscious person inside of me screaming how ridiculous you must seem, but with a little time and patience, I adjusted. This was me. A new, confident me. And I loved every second.
 
And, last but not least, I ill give you the half and half picture of the transformation, so you can judge for yourself. So see you on Monday then darlings! XOXO Dita



No comments:

Post a Comment