Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Transformations" - Pop Art Realness

Hey there! After yesterdays break in out February Anniversary Celebration today it is time for another sickening "Transformations" episode to get you gagging on the beauty my lovely volunteer Jill. So lets get into this Dita Whip style, shall we?


Obviously inspired by the pop art prince Roy Lichtenstein and his iconic signature of dots this make-up job was a little different.... on the painting side. The look is very comic art and overly sad. The dots look like the measles but in a sickening and good way! INFECTIVE! Giving a strong mixture of female stereotypical emotional instability mixed with fierce cunt attitude, letting you have it on the fake femme fatal smile side! Can I get my MoMA ticket now?


Making this look come real took me a mixture of foundation and white face paint to create the perfect canvas for this colorfully transformation. After this the black lines had to be added so I darkened Jills eyebrows, her hairline, her ears and everything else possible. After making her more dark then Americas financial future I added a dramatic eyeline, black and red lipstick and some blue eyeshadow. With this done it was time for me to sickening it up and go for the red dots. A real pop art masterpiece that made my volunteer think she had the measles! 


And to get you a re more detailed insight into what Jill must have felt like during that make over of a special kind, here a few words from the pop-arted up volunteer herself:

“You want me to look like I am having the measles?” - That was my initial reaction to Dita's suggestion of transforming my face into living a pop art painting. I was not quite convinced. (Okay I have to give it to my lovely Jill here, That was an extreme transformation!) Especially because my skin was already burning from the Versace transformation we did earlier that make-up session (Stay tuned! The Versace one is my favourite!). Besides, it was late and A LOT of dots were needed. (Oh YES hunty!) It felt like ages until my face finally looked like an artwork á la Roy Lichtenstein (Or like the measles...) (She kinda takes that sickening thing a little too far, isn’t she?) Anyways, it did not look like me at all but Dita actually succeeded in producing a work of art out of it. Now I just had to put on the “Oh Jeff I love you too...”-look for the photo and voila! Ultimately I still have to add that after removing the make up my face and especially my eyes burned like hell and it took me four times of washing my hair until the black dye was eventually fully removed. But it was worth the fun! (Aww! Thanks my dear! Was lots of fun working with you! But that should as well prove that make-up is a two bladed sword!)

Okay, and last, but certainly not least, here you can see a half and half version of the transformation on Jill's face! So judge for yourself how much of a transformation this was!
 

Well, that's it for me today! So make sure to check back tomorrow for more sickening stuff and the day after tomorrow for Jill's Versace inspired second episode of "Transformations"! See you then! XOXO Dita! #GetWhippin

No comments:

Post a Comment