Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Transformations" - Starring: The Bird Queen

Hey there, its Dita again! have you missed me? And even more importantly: have you found time to like me on Facebook? But back to business: Today it is time to reveal the first "Tranformations". 

 

The lovely and fierce Franziska has the honor to start the bunch off with her transformation into what I call "The Bird Queen". Her look is very sharp, smart and elegant, whilst it exhales a certain level of bitchiness and high level of confidence mixed with a spoon full of powerful aggression. For me it stands for a powerful, in charge, smart and focused woman. #ExecutiveRealness


The idea behind her transformation was to keep the overall look quite clean even though the whole composition still should look very elaborate and thought through. The basic idea was to combine simple black Parisian chic with evil queen realness and add sharpness to give it the little something extra. The basics are, as they will be with every transformation, foundation, highlighting and contouring and some blush. For this looks I decided to keep the color pallet pretty unused and just rush for some green eyeshadow and add some glittery grey to it. The eyebrows were darkened a bit, and I set a white highlight underneath their ends. A thick and very long, Dita signature, eyeliner with an on eyelid extension and heavy mascara conclude the eye make up. The look is completed by black lips and the hairs combed back, roots darkened with mascara and the whole thing fixated with some hairspray.  The transformation as a whole process took about 1 hour and 20 minutes. 


I asked Franzy as well to describe how she felt throughout the whole transformation. And here is what she had to say: 

Being transformed by Dita Whip was a drastic experience in every possible way. Since I am only used to very little make-up, I was really surprised when Dita told me, that it would take over an hour to do my make-up. I slowly started to realize, what was about to happen, when Dita arranged all her foundations, powder, lipsticks, eyeshadow, ….it just did not stop.  While being painted/made-up, it felt as if my skin would slowly be forced to stop breathing. Especially after Dita painted the enormous eyeliner on my eyelid, my eyes were hardly able to open normally. But what do you expect of blow-dried eyelids...*(Dita: Its liquid eyeliner, and a blow-dryer is much faster then just air!) When Dita was finished, I knew why it took so long and why such an big effort was put into it: My face did not feel like mine anymore, nor did it look like it. With tons of foundation and extreme contours, my normal facial expression was completely different. When posing for the pictures, I at first felt pretty uncomfortable, since I could not predict how my face would look like anymore. It felt like years of learning how to pose for a photo was suddenly completely in vain! With the tough facial contours I was given, it seemed ridiculous to laugh, something I would normally do when pictures were being taken of me. Most remarkable was however, that after about a minute, I slowly got used not only to my new face, but also to the role, I was just given by Dita. And all of a sudden, I was simply enjoying the newly obtained freedom!

 
And finally you can judge for yourself how big the transformation was by having a look at this picture, showing Franzy half with make up, half without.


That's it for now, see you tomorrow! 

XOXO, Dita!

No comments:

Post a Comment