Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Monday, February 10, 2014

"Transformations" - Alien Warrior Princess

Boop Boop Boop, its Dita again! How is you doing? I hope good, because today it is time for another bold and daring "Transformations" that even has a little special meaning to it as it marks the birthday of this lovely volunteer. So shout out Nena!


This look is called "Alien Warrior Princess" for several reasons. At first it is pretty obvious that I tried to give her a foreign look by adding dots in lines to her neck and upper cleavage, to let it appear as alien and mystical. Kind of Trill goes sexy. (Get the nerdy Star Trek reference?) The look over all is once more simple concerning the hair, but  the make up bares deep and powerful colors around the eyes. Exuding beauty and strength mixed with the otherness of body markings it's one of my personal favorites! (Not that all the others looked any less stunning!) The look speaks of a strong feminine beauty with a powerful undertone.


The look I was going for was bold but still subtle and halfway natural looking. I started off with the usual highlighting and contouring and the basement for the rest. Then I thickend the eyebrows with black eyeliner, glued on fake lases and used blue and purple eyeshadow to really bring out the color in the look. The colorful eyes were framed by thick black eye lines that went all the way back to the hairline where i thickened them later into a triangular shape. Adding some colorfully bursting red lipstick and slightly darker lip liner finished off the mouth section. I comed back the hair, added mascara to darken the roots and to add some dramatic flair to the look I added some striped lines into the hair roots and face. I held the hair back with some hairspray and bobby pins. At last I added the dots all over the face and cleavage with a liquid eyeliner pencil.


And of course I as well gave Nena the chance to capture her thoughts about the process in her words. Her is what she had to say about her Dita make over:

When Icon Art Marilyn and Dita Whip asked me to participate in this project I was a bit sceptical since I saw the weekly drag make-up of Dita. I could not imagine how I would look like with this amount of make-up. To be honest, I was a bit afraid what she would do to me and my innocent face. ;-) My daily make-up only consists of mascara and … that’s about it. Only on a night out I put a bit more effort into my look: powder, eye-shadow and eyeliner. I just recently discovered lipstick for myself, which is now an integral part of my collection. So you can already get a sense of my, I call it natural, Dita sometimes calls it boring, look. On the day of the makeover she turned my living room into a beauty studio. I guess I will never possess as much make-up in my whole live as Dita carries around in his bag. Then the two hour “torture” (at least for my neck) started. It felt like there were hundreds of layers of foundation on my face. A cloud of powder dust and foundation made my face disappear and the basis was created. When I looked at my face I couldn’t imagine how I would look in the end: my forehead, nose and eyes were white. Next step: eyes. Fake lashes and eyeliner needed a special treatment with the blow dryer. Dita let me choose the colour of the eye shadow and I decided to go for blue and purple. Finally some lipstick and the transformation was complete, I thought. Dita decided to comb my hair strictly backwards and add some black strands with mascara. The final look in the mirror really surprised me. It was still me but somehow not. I liked it, the powerful eye make-up and the red lips. It took me a while to get used to it and warm up with the camera but in the end we were able to shoot some great pictures which I really, really like! P.S.: Now its three days after the transformation and I still got some lash glue on my eyelashes. 

And now you can get the chance to see and judge for yourself to which extend the transformation went:


So that's it for today! See you tomorrow!

XOXO Dita!

No comments:

Post a Comment