Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ditas Whip! - What does Drag mean to me?


Hey my little #Whipsters out there! Today I hit Icon Art Marilyn on a more serious note and on a try to explain to you why I recently decided to engage in the wonderful world of wigs, make-up, CUNT (Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent) and gender blending called drag.


Basically this could all fall under the question of why I like drag, and what drag means to me as a queen of just about four months of age. Well of fist drag is definitely a lot of fun and a hell of a good time for me. It offers me to take performing a character to another level and play around with everything from fashion, performance, make up, gender and societies idea of how a person should be. It is the perfect opportunity to give fertile ground to the viciously funny part of me, to mean jokes, inappropriate comments and the urge to be a publicity whore. Drag gives me the possibility to unleash an inner diva and create a demanding attitude of bubbling fun and devastating bitchiness.

On the other hand drag gives me the opportunity to talk to everyone at a party, to be the center of attention or just give someone a smile, a picture or a dance to better their evening and make them smile… (You know, when they are not gagging in my fierce attitude!) And besides that, It as well allows me to use words a fierce, sickening, fabulous and devastating as much as I wish. Drag, gives myself the opportunity to feel beautiful and fearless due to the attention people give me. Having the girls admire my make up, even though my are up abilities are far from perfect, the gays bombing out about my overall fashion or even the straights wanting a piece of me gives yourself confidence. And that confidence gives me the possibility to definitely tell the fuckers off and try to make my world funnier and more fierce then ever!

But drag definitely is not my jumping board onto the train of trans-gendered people. I respect and support trans people where I just can, but at the end of it all, when the make-up and the wig come off, the dress is down, the tuck undone and the high heels off, I am so glad to be a man in a world still dominated by men. But then again drag gives me a sense of what it must be like, at least partially, to be a woman that is confronted with the stereotypes of this mans world. 
 
I hope I could give you a little insight view into my world and maybe one or another of you may have the desire to try this wonder him or herself! See you tomorrow then! XOXO Dita!

No comments:

Post a Comment