Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Transfromations" - Jessica Rabbit with Pink Hair!

Hey bubble buts and gutter sluts! Its Dita once again! And today its time for another "Transfromations"! And this time I have the honor to present you my lovely volunteer Michaela as the Dita Whip version of Jessica Rabbit... with cotton candy oink hair! Lets get started, shall we?

This look speaks of a fantasy land where reality, comic, crazy, sexy and fierce meet, intercept and have a love baby. And that looks like what you are about to see. Crazy high eyebrows, sexy pumped up lips and some damn big blue eyeshadow! Exuding sexy in the Aime form with a side dish of surprised look. What a strong and self determined beauty that looks like one of these dolls, don't you think?


For this look I wanted to go completely crazy and unnatural, cause the idea behind it was Jessica Rabbit. I started off with the usual contouring and highlighting, but with the difference that I glued down Michaelas eyebrows to paint all over them later. After powder, powder and more powder, i was done with her eyebrows which then made me paint on new ones somewhere high on her forehead. Afterwards I painted all white what was going to be the eyeshadow part before I added layers of blue eyeshadow for the optimal coverage. Then, adding thick and juicy black eyeliner and mascara completed the eye part. The lips were finished by a red lipstick and some bright accents in the lip corners. Of course some lip gloss was added to optically boost the lips.


Of course you can get an insight into what Michaela had to say about  her transformation:


As Sandra Bullock correctly said, ‘make-up is scary’. Nevertheless, Dita’s offer was a great opportunity to try something new and face up to the challenge. For someone who does not use very much make-up and has short hair, the weight of both, makeup and wig, were new to me. Already after the first layers of foundation, my face felt significantly heavier. Since my eyebrows (or what is left of them… Insert joke about trichotillomania here!) were to disappear, Dita used a mixture of different glues to flatten their structure and cover them with makeup. With a face full of glue and heavy layers of makeup, I felt like a Hollywood star shortly after her tenth lifting – my face was an alien part of my body, incapable of moving or showing any facial expressions, you know... just like Kristin Stewart. Since it took quite long to finish the makeup, I had time to become familiar with my new look… and in the end, I even liked it! Although long hair will never feel right on my head, it was a great experience to slip into a different role…. And the fact that neither my family nor my friends recognized me on the pictures shows, that this was a radical transformation!

And, since we once more did not take a real half and half picture, here Dita got for you a sort of half and half one: 

No comments:

Post a Comment