Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

"Transformation" - Versace 90's Realness

Hey there hunties! Today it is time for the second run of my lovely volunteer Jill and her pictures as a Versace 90's  model. If you havent seen Jill's first, Pop Art Realness, "Transformations" check it out here! So lets have at it and turn and twist this "Transfromations" episode Dita Whip style!


Ths look exudes roman or greek elegance with the idea of the fierce glamazon! This look speaks of an agressive straight forewrd woman with lots of confidence in her abilities. She knows that her beauty is from an ancient perfection and screams color bride of the rainbow. Luxurious feeling and sickeningly devastating richness of color give this attire the last finish.


Highlighting and contouring within this look are very extensive, to create a perfcet foundation for the many colors that are to be set on her forehead. The most part of the work was it to add the rainbow around the eye parts, although it was not a real rainbow. The gold part around the center of the foreheadtook the longest. All together all the colors had to be added as several layers so that they really shined bright and powerfull. The look was completed by a simple but thick eyeliner and red, volumptuous lips. 


And as per ususal my volunteer gave her opinion on the transformation! This is how she felt about this all:

To be honest I'm rather a fan of the n's... nude... natural... or no make-up at all! But I have to admit that I was looking forward to the transformation, especially because I was curious how different I am able to look. It is always astonishing to see how make-up can change a person's overall appearance. For days the girls participating in the series were really excited about who would be getting which theme for her look. When I heard that I should be turned into a Brazilian or Indian colour explosion I was even more curious. Would I look like a Holi Festival visitor splashed with paint or like a colourful canary bird? After about two hours of pasting and gumming up every pore (not to mention the neck pain) the result was stunning! The face in the mirror was not mine anymore but I loved the combination of colours which reached up to my hairline. I'd describe it as a piece of art in which Dita put in much effort. However, it's still hard for me to imagine that there are actually many girls taking that much time every morning to put on their daily mask.

And as per usual you also get a look behind the scenes with the half and half picture! Oh and stay tuned for tomorrows behind the scenes pictures of the whole transformation!




No comments:

Post a Comment