Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fiere Raven Ice Queen - Transformations by Dita Whip

Hey there! After yesterdays break I got yet another Transformations for you in cooperation with Dita Whip. Yet this one is dry special to me as I was able to secure Gil (Remember her from her Versace and Pop Art Transformation) as the photographer. And her camera is a good one.

A fierce beauty to discover the wild.

The volunteer this time was Anna, a friend of Gil's who was visiting us in Chester. So let me hand over to Dita to give you all the details on the look. 

An icy queen can always seduce one with a smile.

Okay ladies, gentlemen and everything in between. This look, as the title already gives away, aims at a really cold, strong and darkly fierce attitude with lots of sassy power. This is not "sissying" a walk, this is dominating the runway! The make up in general started out with foundation and lots and lots of clown white. After I mixed these two in and given Anna's face cold look I added some bronzer to give depth to her face, however just a little bit. Then the actual make-up part took place.

Sleeping Beauty.

I started out shaping the triangle part around the eyes and filling in the lid black. After this way done I took to newspaper and cut some triangular pieces out. I then glued them into the before shaped triangles on Anna's forehead. After that I filled in the triangles with black and let it dry. Afterwards I added blue glitter to the eye make up and completed the eyes with under eye lines. Annas lips were filled with a mixture of lip tar and blue glitter and finally adding some of the glitter to highlight Anna's check bones. The hair was simply combed back and was whitened by using white powder and white hair color.

Her eyes are so vividly alive. They shine with fierceness.

Afterwards I slapped lots and lots of silver necklaces onto Anna's neck and we took to the garden to take these amazing pictures. I had lots of fun working with Anna on the make up and Gil had lots of fun to work with Anna in front of the camera. And the results speak for themselves.

Staring daggers. Terrifc. 


The flow of glitter was perfectly caught by Gil and her camera. Fierce beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment