Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I ... Amanda Lepore - I wish I were...

Red Carpet Lips and porcelain face

Hey fellas! Lately my obsession for drag and Drag Queens has risen to an extensive amount of crazyness, Each morning, when I drive to work, I listen to songs by RuPaul, Sherry VineSharon Needles and Willam Belli. As if that is not enough I raise the bar by adding rapper Cazwell and the worlds, probably most famopus, transsexual: Amanda Lepore!

Okay here is the thing: If you havent heared of one of them.. go and google the shit out of their names! I mean seriously! You gotta know their work because it is drag-nificient.But here is the real story. Whe i searched the web for new music for my car I came across the following song by Sharon Needles from her album PG 13: "I wish I were Amanda Lepore".

And you have to believe me: "I wish I were Amanda Lepore" is so my new favorite song in the car! Bravo Sharon! And then I came across that Miss Lepore had recorded a solo album and of course i did what any good obsessed follower of pup-culture would do: I bought the album and it is called I... Amanda Lepore! And let me tell you: It is worth it! Here is my absoloute favourite from the album, with in addition an even more amazing video. The song is called Marilyn. You can watch the video below. I just love the way the video deals with the whole Monroe story, it is such a good installation. And  Amanda just looks like Monroe. And the song really alienates the video and elseround. Love it!So go and fresh up you knowledge on Grad and Trans and listen to that music! And before you judge just read what Amanda had to go through to become who she is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment