Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"Music Minute" - #BANGERZ Whooped our Asses! - A Track by Track Review

Well, you sure do know that I love me some after Disney Miley Cyrus, and yes by that I mean that I take her with her weird tongue and her sometimes ridiculous twerking. And now the bitch has set BANGREZ free for streaming on iTunes, and of course I am gonna review it track by track! So hit it!

 


First off, the album covers. There are 6 possible album covers for BANGERZ. And, all of them are great and I really like them, I would choose number 2 and number 4 my favorites. But this is not set in stone, and never will be since I love the concept of the cover. It has something trashy and hipster to it with a vibrant 80's feeling. The neon sign for BANGERZ is one of the best ideas I have ever seen to spell an album title. And in defense of cover number three, all I can say is: Grow up, and get used to some skin. I mean its common in pop to be revealing. There you go!

Okay lets start this review off and go right trough BANGERZ, track by track.

01. Adore You

Wow! It is a strong thing to start off an album called BANGERZ with such a slow song, that on top off all is a ballad. No tongue, no twerking & no party on this one. The song is beautiful and really ensures that the listener knows from the very beginning of the album that this is really a record from an adult, and no Hanna Montanna in sight. Could be seen as an love ode to former fiance Liam Hemswortth and is lyrically seen just very smart. I like it and it definitly is a strong opener. A 9/10 for the beginning makes the song a true banger in the rating!

02. We Cant Stop

Love it. Have twerked, danced, showered, driven car and whatever to it.  My jam. If you want to get a deep review of it check it out here! Definitely a 10/10 on my scale!


03. SMS (Bangerz) (Feat. Britney Spears)

Uhm that one sure in a BANGERZ song! I mean Brit and Miley: Hell Yeah! Miley sure has the voice for it, allthough it sounds a bit forced. But to pull off lyrics as "They ask me how I keep a man / I keep a battery pack" you have to have balls, and Miley might have big ones. I like the dirty sexy vibe of the song and the Brit part sets it on fire! A great song for party and sexy time, but its questionably if im gonna like it after 100 spins so "just" 8,5/10. But still: WHOAH! And fuck to all those who say its sounds bad, cause it does not!!

04. 4x4 (Feat. Nelly)

Hell the girl puts it up! This one is an electro pop country song that has something funny to it, and Miles voice really comes to carry. Its unexpected and fun and has great lyrics as well, when Miley declares herself a female rebel. And by that she aint that wrong, I mean media claim her to be rebellious. The Nelly part is even better, and her sure raps her out, but he is Nelly and this is Mileys first grab on hip hop and rap. The song in general gets a 8/10 from me.

05. My Darlin' (Feat. Future)

First one on BANGERZ that has something to it that is not for me. This one at parts really is too slow. But its so nice that she explores anoter genre already when it comes to ballads. But here you seem to already know that Miley does so much about love and her relation that you thing: "Jeez, thats hopefully the last Liam H. referenced song!" - And no it isnt. But still a very solid and enjoyable song that deserves a good 7,5/10.




06. Wrecking Ball

And BAM. Mile in her B-day suit, hammer licking and Liam again. But enough. I have already reviewed the song here. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is a clear 9/10.


07. Love Money Party (Feat. Big Sean)

Miley really tries t go dirty south hip hop on us in this one. I am already twering since that actually is the only thing you can do to the song, other dance moves are welcome but this one really is made for twering. She obv. loves this one, but it is a bit simple from the lyrics. But if the girl ever wanted to do a whole rap album: She could! And I'd listen to it on base of this rap performance. 7/10.

08. #GETITRIGHT

Another genre. Uhh! She really goes for a bold variety of stleys and all, but this time its not my jam. Its funny and perky and all but I just cat get warm on it. And that seems to be  shame. But whatsoever. I am allowed to dislike some stuff just for not liking it. Im gonna give it a 5/10, but I cant support popular oppinion that it is the strongest song on BANGERZ cause it definitely is not.

09. Drive

Okay "Drive" is the song when you kinda get upset by the announcement "Mike Will Made It" at the beginning of nearly every freaking song. But the song really is great. Its dirty electronic and good singing. The song title really befits teh song and ou are just stunned by the variety of influences comming together here and actually working great together not agianst one another! And that makes "Drive" a straight 8/10 on my scale. (And that even though it is anothe breakup song!)

10. FU (Feat. French Montana)

Uhm, I get a Cher, Liza & Gaga feeling out of it, mixed with some french chanson in there. When has Miley gone campy as hell! I mean I love it! How coud you not! It is another breakup song, but WHO CARES, if it is that  ampy and fun with some sick electronic beats and a rap part from French Montana that is awesome! This jam really is a 10/10 on the scale a unicorn on the camp scale!

11. Do My Thang

My Jam! I mean this sog basically is what Miley has been up about since that cover shooting for V Magazine and her cutting her hair short. She is doing her thing, not someone elses. And she works with the people she ants to work with and that s a good thing. Because this song id freaking amazing! 10/10.

12. Maybe You're Right

Okay this one clearly gives us a hint that the album is gonna finish some time soon. Because I get the feeling that the story of the album gets some closeure here by Miley singing about what people expect from her. The song really is the song of an adult that reflects her enviorments reaction to her. I love it. 8/10

13. Someone Else

Nice Madonna reference in this one Miley "If you looking for love / Love don't live here aymore. The song is very elctronical pop an still has the epth of a ballad. Very new age and all over all the lyrics seem very smart. Miley sings about that she feels that she is changing and feels like someone else, alone now, and disillusioned. She has found out that love and life might not be that commercial like after all and has adapted to it. We have our new sound with our new Miley. And that gives the song a 9/10.

To sum it all up: BANGERZ is one of the best albums of the year, and has the potential to really hmake a milestone depending on what she makes out of it. The album has reached a score of  109 out of 130 points. And that is not only one god damn high score but might be the best review I have written until now on this blog. On average the songs have scored an 8,4 which really shows that Miley made BANGERZ a banger record to recon with. We will have to wait 2 more days for the tree bonus titles, but I am sure they are good as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment