Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Monday, October 21, 2013

"Music Minute" - Do What U Want or Fuck Them Haters - A Review

So far "ARTPOP" has been a pretty good thing for Little Monsters and 2013 in musical terms. And now Lady Gaga reloads her guns of genious wierdness and freakish artness to hit us hard again with a lil promo song from "ARTPOP" called "Do What U Want" Feat. R Kelly. 


The "Born This Way" singer has made the song part of her countdown to the release of her latest pop epos on November 11th. The single cover has been released by her on Twitter and the girl has gutts... and an ass! I mean hello! Take a good hard look on this one, then go home and cry/or get horny on the sight of it, hit the gym later and come home agan and cry about your orange skin and her perfect skin. That ass is gorgeos and probably even gay men are strangely attracted to it. And the blonde wig! Hell yes! 

The only ting discussable is the thong. Im not sure yet wheter to like or dislike the pattern, but I actually don't really care because I am too much distracted by that ass. Okay im gonna go cry now that my ass is nowhere even near a state that is close to this ass-perfection. Its like that one line in her "Marry The Night" video: "Check out that nurse on the right. She has got a great ass. BAM!"- Yeah, this ass is not a BAM, this ass is a BAM BAM and you are freaking dead. So lets get to the song, before I get completely lost between that great asscheaks and all. I mean they are just too perfect and.... See, that is what I meant by "distracted"!

The songs beginning lets me think of some 80's fightclub scenery thing and just blows my mind. I mean it is actually R&B mixed with some great electronic beats. Im sold, already. When it comes to the chorus I am one happy fan. "You can have my heart, but you can't have my mind" - Man these are some good lyrics. I am kinda sure that this one is a slam against the freaking critics, since Gaga has ranted on twitter about what has been thrown in her direct way. The vocals she gives us here definitely are a reminder of the songs of Christina Aguilera when she actually knew how to make good music. Like it, since it shows that Gaga has a power voice. Then comes the part I am not that crazy about. The R. Kelly part. I mean it sounds good and all but actually I would have wished he would not be on the song. Because when he sings it, it sounds kinda very much like an R&B record we all know and kinda not that special anymore But dring his part it becomes clear that this one is a big FU to the haters. 


So far the song is very good, and lets us see another fact of ARTPOP. I kinda like it, but to be honest it is also not that much of a banger as it could have been, but still it is a solid and good, radio friendly 8/10, with the security of getting us hungry for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment