Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - What to be excited for in 2014


Well, that was 2013. And now we are left with this blank canvas that offers us 365 new days to screw up… uhm I mean do great things! Anyways, since the New Year is still fresh, thick and juicy I thought it might be an idea to engage in a quick brainstorm about what I am already looking forward to do, see, listen and judge in 2014. Let’s see what I can come up with on the quick jump….



Of course February will be a drag as “RuPauls Drag Race” season six is up and will blast our screens with more diva-ish drama, heart warming stories, stunning drag outfits and mesmerizing lip synchs. I literally can not wait for the new queens to blast it all along and fight hard to win the title of Americas Next Drag Superstar. And as usual I guess they will be battling it out for a shitload of money that is 100.000 Dollar. Personally I have not yet set for my favorite divas 100% but I am pretty sure I will be rooting for Courtney Act, Bianca Del Rio and maybe Adore Delano. I am still not quite sure about Milk Queen, since her lips and eye make up in the promo stuff so far look a bit like a whack job. But that could be part of her to be said camp character, and besides that: Milk Queen of drag is a goddam looker! Well, lets see what happens when Miss RuPaul declares: “Gentleman, start your engines. And may the best woman, win!”

As well I am in severe excitement for new music from some of my favorite artists. First on the list is the new album by Semi Precious Weapons who have been teasing less then a nun. I mean there have been two new songs so far but no one knows anything about their new album. As well I would love to get some new music from Madonna as I am not really hung up on MDNA, and I want that diva to hustle and give me some music! Of course there is the known hope for the possibility of Iggy Azealia finally releasing “The New Classic” and Azealia Banks finally releasing “Broke With Expensive Taste”, lets just hope that comes true. All-American country cutie proud gay boy Steve Grand is as well high on my list to get out with some new music, preferably an album! High on the excitement list is as well our all British pop bitch Lily Allen who really got me excited with her song “Hard Out Here”, so Lily it would be met with a huge mass of appreciation if you’d release an album in 2014! (Preferably early on in the year!) What is not a really confirmed thing yet is that Lady Gaga could release ARTPOP Vol. 2 with the even more experimental sounds that did not make it onto ARTPOP. Well, have at it Gaga and give our ears a listen! And in addition to that we are still waiting for that jazz album of yours with Tony Bennett! Oh, and before I forget it, it also would be nice to see a certain female rapper, Nicki Minaj, make some good music and release it. (And not only being just a corporate fry and sell out!) Actually the list probably could go on and on and on. 

Otherwise, as well connected to music in some way, is that I am very excited for the concert period of 2014. That, for me, already includes tickets for Miley Cyrus in Manchester, Walk Off the Earth in Birmingham and Azealia Banks in Manchester as well. Additionally I am more then excited for the “The ARTPOP artRave Ball Tour” by Lady Gaga and some action I hope to see happening with that Natalia Kills! 

Oh, and lets get a bit back to TV. I am already peeing my pants from the excitement that is HBO’s “True Blood” and its seventh, but sadly last, seventh season airing this summer! I would as well be swept away if the creators of “Real Humans” decided on releasing the second season of their sci-fi-drama-crime series and “2 Broke Girls” going into season 4 (Hopefully!) And as a friend of wine (Always white!) and a passionate and devoted fan I am more then in a need for the fifth season of laughter with the cul-de-sac crew from “Cougar Town”. The only thing I really haven’t laid my head around yet is the movies of 2014. So far I don’t know what is supposed to be released, so I might just wait, sit back and let it happen. 

So far so good, but what I am so having my eye on is this years Olympic Games is Sotchi Russia as one big fat question is in the room about this: Boycott or not? But that question is to be discussed on here in a few days. So just enjoy the new year and may it be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment