Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

"Music Minute" - The Venus has come back, sweetening our summer!

Hello and welcome to a new episode of "Music Minute": Oh yeah the new track of one of my favorite new female fierce hip hop artists has landed. Of course I am talking about the new Azealia Banks track she created in collaboration with Paul Oakenfold, who probably is best known for his remixes of Madonna songs. (Well, to me he is!)


The song, that has been playing up and down on my computer since it came out, is called Venus. Alrighty: Already the title has bought me. I mean Venus is genius to chose as a title since it reminds me of that drawing of a girl standing inside a huge shell, covering her breasts with her hands and her peesh, or whatever you want to name a pussy in an "elegant" way, is covered by some sort of big ass piece of fabric hold by lil baby angels. Well hurray to the strategic placement of fabric! 


The song is a mixture of pop tunes with the typical electronic mix up, but when Azealia goes into her hip hip thing and raps the fast shit out of the lyrics you definitely see, oh excuse me, hear that witch hop thing she brought up. Also we have some hypnotic club beats with bouncing bass and sheer orgasmicly good placed clapping sounds. The cherry on top is the part recurring part of the song where Azealia sings in French. And hell yes: I think it sound so sex if an American speaks french! I know that now probably half of France is after me with pitchforks and torches as if I am Frankensteins monster, since these people think most Americans rape French rather then speaking it. But so what ever! 

From my opinion I can only say that as the, maybe, second single form Azealias upcoming album "Broke With Expensive Taste" Venus really delivered for me! It could be her best song since her smashing "212" (Sorry "Yung Rapunxel"!) So go and by that song or listen the shit out of it everywhere you can, since it will make your summer better! I know it has made mine better since all I can do is lay around, doing my reading for university and try not to move, so I don't melt away from the 35 degrees Celsius!

No comments:

Post a Comment