Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Just in!" - Barbie Breakout silences herself and speaks out louder then ever!

Hey there! At first I wanted to write about a new TV series I am addicted to, but ten, scrawling through the internet, I have found a disturbing and extremely important video for the LGBT IQA community. I think that all of you are aware of the horrible situation the LGBT IQA community of Russia has to face right now.


And with exactly that situation the video, which I have found, deals. In the video we can see, I alledge either drag queen or just a person expressing his/hers gender bending (Which I absolutely love, by the way!), named Barbie Breakout. I will form here on go by she, just to make it easier. She is just sitting there and she is sewing her mouth with six stitches! Ouch! That must hurt, but the real question is, why she is doing that? Of course she is doing it to  give us a wake us call, or sew, to make us aware of the LGBT IQA situation in Russia. Russia has created a law that denies rights or so to LGBT people. (Look, I do not really know all the detail on this law, but what I know is that it is homophobic,, against human rights and ridiculous!) And exactly this leads to torture, humiliation and incarceration of these people, their families and their friends. And with sewing her mouth she wants to makes us aware of the situation, speak up against this law, help where we can , protest as often as possible and support the community! And I have to say that what she did was one of the bravest things I have ever seen anywhere. But also it indicates how painful the situation must be, how hurt one must be, to take such measures. Because, let me tell you, that must have hurt, and I hope she is fine right now. Bless you Barbie Breakout!


No comments:

Post a Comment