Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Friday, July 19, 2013

"I Love Art!" - Enchanting Eyes

I haven't posted one of my drawings for a while, and I am sorry for that but actually I try to draw as much as possible but..


(1) there are so many other good things to blog about, as you can see, and (2) I am right now in the middle of the preparation for an important exam, so my time for drawing is a bit limited. But you will for sure be able to enjoy this one of her, the one and only Marilyn Monroe,  well at least I hope so!


Marilyn Monroe - Enchanting Eyes


I hope you can enjoy this one. When I drew it I was inspired by the iconic but pretty unknown pose Marilyn had while she was reading a book on a sofa She just  layed there and read a book. For me this is a perfect pose because it combines her overly sexual side as well as her sensible and intellectual side, which very often is put aside. And reducing Marilyn to a sex symbol is wrong, since she was so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment