Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"I Love Art" - Don't Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful

Yes! Finally I have been able to take some time off and was able to draw a nice new picture of my favorite icon: Miss Marilyn Monroe! So let the art awe you!


I thought about the classical age of glamour and of course the first image that popped to my head was the picture of Marilyn Monroe when she was starring alongside Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall in "How to marry a Millionaire?" Despite the fact that her role was a bit of a dumb blonde Monroe had fun on set of the movie and posed for this one photo where she ha this iconic "Don't hate me because I am beautiful!" pose with the hand in her face. Lady Gaga has also used that pose in her videos for "Paparazzi" and "Telephone". This is a campy as fuck pose and an essential one to beauty ad the perception and reception of it, at least in my mind. So enjoy!

Don't hate me because I am beautiful, its more a curse then a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment