Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

"I read it, so should you!" - Joan Rivers "I Hate Everyone... Starting With Me"

Picture belongs to Bob Bekian on Flickr, used under Creative
Commons license.

Okay I have to admit that it has been a while since I have presented a book to you, so I thought to give you a  book to read about, and then to read! And of course I want to share with you my collection of Joan Rivers books. And even if you don't like her you have to admit she is a good author, if you have read one of the books. 


Joan Rivers is famous not only for her plastic surgery and comedy but especially for her style of humor. She is a comedienne who plays her humor from the side of funny hatred. generally hatred is not much funny, unless you master to give good reason for your hate and by good reason I mean funny ones! The book basically is divided into 13 chapters. Each and every chapter works to explain her hate towards certain groups. In my opinion the best chapters was "For the Children" where Joan makes fun of the fact that she hates children. She had hilarious subheadings ad her writing is shard as a razor knife.  

What makes the book special is, that even if the theme is hate, Joan really keeps it positive and uplifting, which in my opinion is seldom, considered hate. And now I will give you a bit of my favorite part:

"I hate people who always find something nice to say about others. My husband, Edgar, was one of those people. I hate that kind of largesse. One day I ask him, "Hey, four eyes, what about John Wayne Gacy? He killed thirty-three boys and buried them under his house. What nice thing can you say about him? And Edgar said, "Well, he wasn't lazy. And he was a homeowner!"

No comments:

Post a Comment