Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Friday, July 19, 2013

"What the heck is this?" - Queer Theory and Kathy Griffin Part 1

Well, I am sure some of you might have noticed that I am currently enrolled at a university an that I am a student. One of my major fields of interest and study are queer studies, gender studies, performance studies and camp studies. I think as a strong supporter of the LGBT IQA cause in any country, by the way congratulations to the people in England and Wales who just recently passed gay marriage and made the world a more equal and great place, and as a strong supporter of the feminist movement, the democratic movement, human right movement and every goddamn necessary and good movement out there it would be best to devote my studies to these causes.


So last semester I wrote an essay to finish my course in queer studies called "Kathy Griffin Deconstructing the Hollywood Identity - Queer in Use". This one cost me lost of time and compassion, but not only my love for fierce funny female Kathy and her D-List cause (Kathy: Lets face it, when you land in academia you definitely are no longer D-List!) made me do this but also my deep belief in the fact that we need queer studies in order to slowly change our society for the better! (And not only for the LGBT IQA cause!) So I am gonna give to you the first part of this essay, to show you a little bit of the work I am doing, and to get you guys out there interested in queer and comedy! And since it is a 6-7 thousand word essay, you will get it in parts.... (might be easier!) So here is the first part consisting of the Index and the first 3 pages! Forgive me if there are any typos in there, i have not corrected it once more after i gave it to my professor. But good thing is: I got a 1,7!



Continue to read after the jump!





No comments:

Post a Comment