Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

"I read it, so should you!" - Jake Kiss, poetry worth kissing!

It has been a while since I tweeted my first tweet on Twitter. And as time went on I have discovered some pretty talented people around twitter. One of them is Jake Kiss, or as some of you know him on twitter as @50ShadesOfGaga. Beside our shared obsession of pop culture, everything Gaga and the arts like drawing, writing and designing we have found out that we are pretty #whoresome


What is even better then Jake and me sharing some obsessions in art and culture is that Jake is an excellent young poem writer, also he writes great short stories. But here I want to show you some of the poems which he wrote in 2012. Basically I will just put them here for you to read and enjoy!

So here is the first of the two poems I will give you to read:

LOVES SLAVE (GYPSY SOUL)

My heart is a traveller,
It always wanders,
Even though my mind still ponders,
A gypsy soul,
Too much that not even I can control,
From one to the next,
All I leave is bulldozed wrecks,
It's just my love's hex,
I am more ravenous than a Tyrannosaurus rex,
I'll crack you open and begin to dissect,
Before you realise I am far from perfect,
To me all I want is another shattered heart to collect,
And you are the one I select,
I'll rob you of all dignity and respect,
Before I too throw you in my bin of neglect,
Where we shall never again reconnect.
You're dead to me babe because I am just another one of love's lonely slaves forced forever to misbehave.
I say I love you... if only that was true,
But the day I come to,
I promise I will come straight back to you.

I like the poem very much since it is a perfect way to show how love enslaves us, how we are willing to be enslaved and how obsessed we are with the feeling and desire for it. Moreover the celebration of love as an obsession, which can be fake is so delightful to read. But that is just how I would put it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment