Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

"Born naked, the rest is drag!" - Jinkx Monsoon

Yes, I have to admit that I have horribly neglected this part of my blog, so may the drag goddesses forgive me! But I will try to redeem myself from that and give you a glimpse why I think that Jinkx Monsoon is one of my favorites! Get your swim vests out: Its Monsoon season!


Picture by Tim Evanson. From Wikimedia Commons.

First and foremost you should all bow down to Miss Monsoon since she is Drag Race Royalty! Yes, lil Jinkx (As Roxxxy Andrews has once put it.), has won the fifth season of RuPauls Drag Race and has beaten many fierce competitors, such as Detox Icunt and Alaska Thunderfuck. And that must have been hard work! Anyways: If she is not in drag Jinkx goes by the name of Jerick Hoffer. And damn i got to say that I love both of them. Jinkx is classically trained and has finished college with a summa cum laude in theater. Wow that is pretty impressive!

Jinkx is really into her craft and a trained, talented and skilled actress! Several times she has proven to be a skilled entertainer and also a funny and witty comedy queen, who in my eye represents glamour in a way I have never seen it before done by a drag queen. She represents the style of the 50's and 60's with a little mash up of the 20's. And I think that role befits her very well. 

What is interesting to know about Jinkx is that she has narcolepsy. So there comes her nickname: the silent sleeper from Seattle. And she aligns herself as Seattle's youngest MILF. Besides kicking ass in the Snatch Game, her funny mantra "Water off a ducks back." and her great humor ("It's gonna be hard to top Coco. But look at her, who would want to top that?") she has won the fifth season of RuPauls Drag Race and snatched the crown. 

After her heroic triumph she has started a web series called "Drag Becomes Him" where the life of Jinkx in and out of Drag is shown. And I gotta tell you that this series has some thing that makes it so great! Can I give it an Emmy? If you haven't seen it check it out below! 

So you see there are tons of reasons to love Miss Jinkx. And since she has gotten the stamp of approval by Joan Rivers, we can be sure she is drag and comedy gold! A true diva!



No comments:

Post a Comment