Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Monday, August 26, 2013

The MTV VMA's - "Try too hard" meets "forgettable" and a few good moments.

Well, well there were the MTV VMAs and I have to say the motto must have been: "Try too hard!", "Awkward and ashamed!" and "Some great performances." And well it was so awkward!



Okay guys the performance of Gaga was off the hook. It was amazing since it incorporated all her previous styles. And her stage was "amaza-bells". But one critique point would be her voice. It was a little off. But still the best performance of the night. How did her wigs stay on, and has she become some sort of magician that that last wig fitted so perfectly? WTF? I guess there were like 5 people behind that huge white prop to get that wig on in 5 seconds. And her figure in that slim down bod and seashell bikini. Wooop Woop! And the best is her defending One Direction after they get booed for winning the VMA for Best Summer Song. That is classy. I mean, she just stood up and left. Oh and that pink cup she drank from? WTF? That was a swine nose. Perez Hilton bash much? Oh yes Gurrl! And her look on the red carpet? Gorgeous, except for that bow, and you can see that the lace from her wig was glued on bad. Could have been better. But basically she was the show-stealer.


Well lets come to the worst of the night. I love my post-Disney Miley, and I have pre-ordered Bangerz yesterday, but that performance of her was just bad. All the teddy bears, the outfit, and her red carpet outfit as well, her dancing and her tongue sticking out. Oh my god. Miley, there is a difference between sexy-ugly/fashionable-ugly and ugly-ugly. And yes: It is appropriate to use the word skank here. And the twerking  she gave: Well we know she likes it but she is not the twerk queen. And that half lap dance with super awkward, and not very feminist, Robin Thicke during his performance of his, silly and women degrading, song Blurred Lines really threw me off. Miley, get some glasses if the lines are blurred for you. But this time you crossed the line!


What I really loved was the pro LGBT tone the show had. With Macklemore giving his performance of Same Love I was more then satisfied. Actually it gave me chills to see it and made me proud of being a member of the LGBT IQA community. But his gestures were so damn of. And I really loved that Jennifer Hudson joined them on stage, even though she looked like Alisha Keys. 


When it comes to Katy Perry I was so disappointed. Her leo print dress: ugly. Her grillz: ugly and a joke at her expense. Her hair: the only thing not totally ridiculous. Her performance of Roar: forgettable and boring. But she sang kinda good, so I will give it a mediocre, and send it along its way. And by the way: the Brooklyn bridge thing did not do it for me, even the people there seemed bored. #SorryBoutIt, we know Kathy can do better.


This years fashion was a mixture of "Oh my god, how ugly" and very stylish, classic dresses. Best dressed would be split between Rita Ora, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez in that marvellous atelier Versace and Ciara. Ugly as fuck definitely goes to Miley's outfit and worst dressed also goes to the Smith kids, damn: get a stylist, and I was not a fan of the way Taylor Swift's hair missed a piece to cover a bit of her forehead. But whatever. The whole award show wont be legendary, and that is a shame since it was the shows 30th anniversary!  And the other performance there uhm.. Kanye: forgettable. Were there any others? Oh yes the Justin  and NSYNC. Too much. Also the video of the year thing for him: Not so much. But he kinda still deserves it. All I had eyes fro was Lance Bass. 


Oh and yes, there were people winning awards, so lets see if my predictions that I made earlier were right: For video of the year I said Macklemore, but it went to JT. I can live with that. That Macklemore won best hip hop is so okay with me, in fact I could not be happier, but i guessed ASAP or Kendrick to take it. Best male went to Bruno Mars, I did not see that coming, but I don't care since no one really cares. Best female went to Taylor Swift. Don't like that CeeUNextTuesday. (Even though her dress was great.) Expected P!nk to win. Best Pop video went to Selena, Im okay with that, especially after that Miley performance. Artist to watch was taken by Austin Mahone. Fuck that lil Bieber 2.0, his music is shitty cheap crap. Iggy Azealia should have taken this one home! Best collaboration went to P!nk , an well this one I guessed right. And best video with a social message went, as I predicted, to Macklemore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment