Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Music Minute" - My Iggy Top 11

I love me some Iggy Azalea. And the reasons for this fact are uncountable. And in the light of her debut album beeing released this year (Well, at least we all hoe so. I mean it is up time!) I have made a list of my favorite 11 Iggy Azalea songs.


This list would of course not be complete with the comment that Iggy has the figure and body of a model. I mean look at her. Someone has either invented bio-engeneering to make her that perfect of she is just a drip of perfection. What is even more amazing is, that in the body of this swedish super model milk bun, the soul and rap talent of possibly a black woman lies. I mean have you heared her music? And to make it clear right form the beginning: I love me some Azealia Banks, but she really annoys me with her constant twitter feuds. Iggy on the other side is friendly and works on her music. Something that Azealia should do as well. But #NoTNoShade! Lets just start the countdown!

Honorary Mention - Burgundy Shit

A smooth urban sound, finger snaps and some genuinely good rapping. I just love that this song combines hip hop and R&B in such a smooth way. And Iggy's voice really comes out on this one, even though the rap part is kinda short. So this one definitely deserves to be mentioned!


11 - Hello Feat. Joe Moses 

From her mixtape Ignorant Art Iggy brings us this banger as the second song of the tape. It has this cleas electronic sound what Iggy is known for and has her canstantly rapping about clothes, money and bitches. Best line: "These are Ferragamo, bicthes What the fuck are those?" Very shopping and buying oriented, a song that basically says: Im a fabulous bitc, deal with me and my Ferragamo shoes!


10 - Backseat Feat. Chevy Jones

Nice intro. And the the song turnes around ad takes the other direction. A nice beat with, what i would call eectronical bells, and a beat that just gets your head going u and down. The big surprise comes when the chours actually is smooth and soft. Annd damn, that woman can rap fast!


09 - My World

The third one from "Ignorant Art" in a row. That says: Get the goddamn mixtape! Iggy claiming her territory. Its her world and we are in it. She might be white but this girl got the balls of a rapper that has been in the biz for years. Even though there might be some basic rhymes in this one. But she definitely brings it with : "My world, my bitches, white girls team full of bad bitches!" Who says a white chick can't  be ghetto?


08 - Bac 2 Tha Future (My Time)

Taken from her mixtape "Trapgold" Iggy brings us some hard rapping to a sickening experimental and great beat. Contentwise Iggy lets us know it is her time and she will take her opportunities. Well, that is fine with me! "My heart is in it, Im authentic, Its clear to see its my time!" - Best line from the song, that, btw,  is over too fast!

 




07 - Pu$$y

Fourth song from "Ignorant Art". Actually this one seems ratchet and basic but it is hillarious! The beginning with the dinner conversation in a restaurant about refusing to take a woman: Comedy Gold! All these vagina references in my eyes can only mean one thing: alienating verything around the female no no parts. Anyways: Great rap song!


06 - Down South

"Looking up North, While you touching down South!" - Hurray to oral sex! This one sounds nice but with the right amount of dirty withanother reference pile of pussy. But the tune just is magical, and to put a Hello Kitty and Listerine reference in there: Gurrl you got me there!


05 -Bounce

Iggy's second single from her upcoming album is a sure thing. Bounce surprises us with a great querky and unexpected beat. Iggys rapping is at its top and this one just seems to be one of these jams you always wnat to hear at a party and loose your shit to it. And in fat that is what the whole thing is about!


04 - Change Your Life Feat. T.I.

Iggys most successfull song so far. I just love it. Like number two on this list "Change Your Life" manages to combine hip hop ith abit of singing, hard bass parts with softer parts. And actually Iggy tells us about her life and how she made it and that she can change our life, due to inpirationand beeing a role model. Well that is at least what I heared. I just lve the song, and it has been on loop for a while!


03 - The Last Song

And yet another one form "Ignorant Art". A great slow song that is all about someone that Iggy is into, and just tries to be with him, even though her friends do not really apreciate. But actually he isnt even really her type but she is kinda hugely into him. And what makes the song so good? The mixture of all. Iggys verseion of a love serenade. BTW: look out for the cocaine reference!


02 - Work

She has walked a mile in Louboutins, and let me tell you: walking a mile in killer heels aint fun! Not even if you are Lady Gaga. A song about struggle, hustle and how Iggy git where she is now. Nice micture of singing and rap and actually a great anthem for making it, but not with money, bitches and believe but rather with scrubbing floors, saving money and working your ass off. 


01 - Flash Feat. Mike Posner

Its early in the morning, Iggy is horny and wants someone to come over. Very slow, very sensual, very sexy and somewhat sophsticated. Power lyrics, in my opinion. And some great music to it. Best line: "I love it when you swear, it excits me!"


No comments:

Post a Comment