Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Music Minute - Billboard Music Awards 2013

Hey you out there! I am a huge fan of award shows, in particular if my favorites win. Although I just was reading a live report and not watching the actual event I have enjoyed the Billboard Music Awards.


Picture Credits belong to Billboard.


For me the best of such a show are the performances, but since i haven't seen them this year i had to look up who performed.  And pretty much there was no performance there for me. I mean there were Bruno Mars (I think he is good, but I don't care for his music), Selena Gomez (Seriously? She is considered a singer?), Chris Brown (This dude is not worth it, i mean seriously you women beating asshole?), Taylor Swift (Cant stand her!), JLo (I mean who cares?) and Pitbull (Whose music is the CRAP!). The only notable one would be Prince, but i kinda don't really love him either. And not to talk about talentless lil Justin Bieber (Who I don't consider an artist since he does not even write his own songs, and does not know how to behave. Well, but something he must be doing right.). So to the award winners now:

The biggest winner of the night was, like i would have predicted it: Taylor Swift. She took home 8 awards including Top Artist (Where I would have picked Rihanna from the nominees), Billboard Top 200 Album (Which Adles 21 deserved much more, and I'm not even a real fan of Adele) and Best Female Artist (Which she actually deserved, since she was nominated along Britney, Katy P, Rihanna and Christina - I don't give a shit i cant sing - Aguilera).  Rihanna was the second biggest winner with R&B Song of the Year for Diamonds (Which was a good pick),  R&B Album of the Year for Unapologetic (I don't get it where Unapologetic is R&B, but its okay with me, although I would have loved to see Frank Ocean take home this one) and as the R&B Artist of the year (Rihanna is not R&B, Only because she is not Caucasian does not make that Pop and Electronic bitch R&B!!!). 

Carly Rae (I don't give a shit about your so called "music") Jepsen, Justin (for shure is a lesbian) Bieber, Nicki (Still can't sing live, but I love her music) Minaj and One (Confusing that they are still around,) Direction each earned 3 awards, some of them deserved some not. The biggest surprise for me was that Madonna took home 3 awards. She was nominated for 3 and won these 3! She took home Dance album of the Year (Which, even though MDA has its weak spots, she, in my opinion, deserved. But the others would have deserved this award as well.), Dance Artist of the Year (Which sorry Madge, should have gone to Swedish House Mafia) and Top Touring Artist. 

The Category Top Touring Artist, for me is very important. I mean She was nominated along amazing Coldplay, Mother Monster Lady Gaga, legendary Bruce Springsteen and Roger (Who the fuck is he?) Walters. All would have deserved the award except for Walters. Then I prefer huge shows, since they are ten times more "showy" and difficult. So this leaves Madonna and Gaga. And Madonna just makes her Tours so successful (in commercial sense) since tickets cot 300 $! And Se "only" did 88 shows. Gaga did 98 of over 110 shows and then had to stop due to hip surgery. But anyways: I liked the MDNA Tour and I will get the Concert DVD! But i would have loved to see Gaga win this!

Best Moment of the night: Bieber getting booed!

No comments:

Post a Comment