Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Love Art - Marilyn: Tha Last Hours, a reenactment drawn by the model of Amanda Lepore #11 The Body Bag

#11 The Body Bag




I decided that I wanted to finish this art / drawing series with  drawing that did jump out a little. So I decided to go for the tabloid version. There i'd have a picture of Monroe in the body bag, only her lips visible. I decided to go for the lips and not the iconic blonde hair, since her lips were super voluptuous and Amanda Lepore's lips are as well.  Also I liked the idea that, even as a corpse, Monroe was property of the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment