Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I watch it, so should you! - Star Trek: Into Darkness

Yes, I freely admit that I am a huge geek and that I absolutely LOVE Star Trek. My most favorite TV Show when I was young was Star Trek Voyager and since then I have consumed every bit of the Star Trek universe possible! I mean: hello? Its awesome! So 2 weeks ago or so, i went with a friend of mine to watch the new vehicle of the franchise: Star Trek - Into Darkness.


Picture Credits belong to the studios.
The new Star Trek movie is in  fact at first one thing: dark. Many People say that they do not want to see the Star Trek movie since its so dark. I mean they say that i was not the vision of Gene Roddenberry to create such a dark and sinister universe. But I would have to say that this movie is the best that could have happened to Star Trek. I mean it is not the original version but everything needs to develop. And they did it with that movie. Its more appealing to a younger audience and has more action. Although I like the scientific episodes of it sometimes I missed the action. So lets dive right into this!

The movie plot in general is that the federation is threatened by a powerful enemy. And against what the trailer wants to tell you. The enemy is a federation insider himself. I wont tell you whom he is but you will be surprised. And then the movie is just Kirk doing his stuff. But that is what it is all about. How they do it and nothing more. Everything I will give away to you is the following:

You will find out who Khan (From the second Star Trek movie "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan) is, and what his history with James T. Kirk is. Also we will get to know how the friendship relationship between Kirk and Spock developed, how Uhura and Spock fight and what Kirks real motivations are (I mean towards the federation). We also ind out the story between Dr. Marcus and Kirk and will get to know that Starfleet principles do make sense. 

It is full of action and huge CGI animations, but in the center it still is all about Star Trek. So go: and watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment