Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

"Music Minute" - The Goddess of Pop: Cher

Women are the real architects of society. - Cher

Hey you out there! I guess you have already get to  know that this "Music Minute" is about the goddess  of pop: Cher. I have been a fan if her music for a  while now. And also her life is quite impressive. I  mean the career she had, the death of Sonny Bono  she had to overcome and her daughter Chastity's  decision to become her son Chaz. Also Cher has  been the only recording artist to have a number one  single in each of the past six decades. But this "Music  Minute" will not be about Cher's career, but rather  more about one of my favorite songs and videos of  her: "Walking in Memphis"

The song has been released in october 1995. Its  basically a cover version of  Marc Cohn's original  version.  The song makes lots of references to the  south, religion and to Elvis. I really thing the song is  an homage to Elvis and to the feeling he evoked in people. But that is just my Idea. Generally its a really fun song and good to sing along. What I really like about it, is the video Cher did. So below you can watch the video with Cher starring in it as a She - Elvis. And i think the video is just one of these road videos and very beautiful. I like the cross dressing, and the gender blur. But i general for me its just a beautiful video.

Copyright of the Cover belongs to last.fm


I don't own the right to the video. I just posted it
here for entertainment purposes. All rights belong
to their restrictive owners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment