Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Monday, June 24, 2013

"I watch it, so should you!" - TV Series i am addicted to!

Hey pop culture fans out there! Even though I do not really watch TV anymore since I don't have a TV at home, and I do not miss it, I watch tons of this stuff on YouTube since some users make all the work and upload stuff. My DVD collection is not that small either! So this is the first episode of the new series: "TV Series I am addicted to!"


Picture belongs to HBO
At first I would of course write about two of my all time favorite reality TV shows "Kathy Griffin - My life on the D-List" and "Joan and Melissa - Joan knows best!". But I have already written abut theses two series, so no need for double trouble on Icon Art Marilyn!

So witch what I am gonna start instead might be, okay crap aside, this is no big surprise for each and every one of you that I will write about "True Blood" which has been starting now newly for a sixth season. And I mean as soon as I have seen that the sixth season pass is now available online I bought that shit! So in celebration of the new sixth season I chose True Blood to be first on the list!

The series is generally a drama series, and believe me: there is tons of Drama going on! And they have added this supernatural thing to it. Generally this means two years before the series started scientists from Japan have discovered a way to create synthetic blood. As part of this the side effect is that the Vampires now come out of their coffins, since they do not longer rely on human blood. Okay and that is just season one. Over the following 5 seasons they add fairies, wear wolves, wear panther, shape shifters, minades, magicians and other crazy shit! And what comes out is the story of Bon Temps waitress Sookie Stackhouse who gets into all the madness by falling in love with vampire Bill Compton. To recap all of the story would be a huge article! So you just have to watch! But all I can give away is:

 In season one it is all about Bill and Sookie getting together, small fight about her with Fangtasia (A Vampire nightclub) owner Eric northman and his progeny Pamela Swynford. Also Bill has to create a progeny as a penalty for killing another vampire to save Sookie. Season 2 is all about the crazy minade Mary Ann which terrorizes Bon Temps and the search for Eric Northmans makes Godric. Season 3 is about the fight of the community against crazy vampire king Russel Edgington. Season 4 is fighting a witch named marnie that wants to destroy all vampires, and season 5 is all about the vampire authority. Okay this is so short cut that you have to read the short synopsis on Wikipedia.

So just as a quick shot: here are some of my favorites from True Blood:

Favorite character (famale):

Pamela Swynford de Beaufort

Picture belongs to HBO


Favorite character (male):

Eric Northman

Picture belongs to HBO


Favorite supernatural species:

Vampires

Favorite True Blood something:

True Blood (Drink) and the LGBT IQA references


I am so eager to see how episode two of season  comes out! So check out True Blood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment