Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Music Minute - Cher "Woman's World"

Okay at first: yes the hiatus on Icon Art Marilyn is finally over!  And the best about it is that the unthinkable thing really has happened: Cher, the goddess of pop, has done it and released a new song called "Woman's World"!


Picture taken form Cher's Twitter account.
And you can not imagine how really happy I am to finally hear new music of Cher! She has been one of my favorite singers and performers ever since I loved music and performance art! The song "Woman's World" is from, what i have heard of it a very cathy song and will, in my opinion develop to be, what else, to be a classic club hit! And it seems as though Cher really wants to make her comeback since she will be performing this new jewel n the 18th of June on the final episode of this seasons "The Voice"! And the best is jet to come, with the diva revealing that the album will be hitting the stores on September 24th! I am so excited for this to happen, i cant even tell you!

And let me tell you: the gay nightclubs will put this on replay for, well for like forever! And they have every reason for it! In my eyes there hasn't been a huge club anthem of the gays since Lady Gaga set Born This Way free. (Sorry Kathy, but "I'll Say It", even though I love it, can not compare to Cher and Gaga's music!)

Also I am so excited to see when she reveals the album cover, and how the video to the single will look like. Oh and, I nearly forgot that: the new album of Cher will be called "Close to the Truth". Don't forget to listen to the single here and make sure to buy the single as fast as possible! #SupportTheDiva

No comments:

Post a Comment