Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Music -You better not listen to that- Minute - Britney Spears "Ooh La La"

Okay you all know that I normally just write positive stuff, but I have to say that unfortunately, if something is not that good, or if I just don't really like it, I can not write that it is good. And sadly Britney's new song "Ooh    La La" to my ears was more like "Ooh No No - you better stop listening!".


Picture belongs to RCA Records.
Not that I am a Brit-basher, I love me some Britney! - but that song just reminded me of some cheesy badly produced song, with lyrics that were underwhelming! I was disappointed because I really waned Brit to release some cool new song which I could really listen all day long. But honestly "Ooh La La" for me sounded like a cheap and boring mixture of what was left over from her songs from Femme Fatale! And I mean the techno-whatever breakdown somewhere towards the last third of the song made it even more annoying. I'm sorry but I would give this song some rating in between 1 and 2 stars. I mean its not 0 stars since the overall production is okay, but its not 2 stars since even the lyrics were boring and, for me, did not express anything. 

For me Brit should stop getting some hip producers and DJ's and start to engage in some songwriting activities and do some maturing in her musical style. It's time! And when she did that: Believe me I will celebrate her again! The good thing about all that is that it is "just" the song for the credits of "The Smurfs 2".

No comments:

Post a Comment